How to choose the right material for your outdoor lighting
You’ve decided to invest in lighting for your outdoor space and know exactly what you want and where you’d like it. But …
- Have you thought about which materials will work best?
- Have you considered where you live?
- Do you know how the weather affects your choice?
It’s important that your outdoor lighting meets the demands of the environment in which it is placed. Here’s a snapshot of popular outdoor lighting materials to help you make a decision:
Die Cast Aluminium
- Very affordable.
- Opt for powder-coated aluminium because the paint acts as a sealant and offers more protection from wear and tear.
- SG and Luted use specialised die cast aluminium with a coating and have 5-year warranties.
- Contemporary and sleek aesthetic.
- Retains its ‘new’ look if you clean it well.
- Holds up well against corrosion due to its protective layer of chromium oxide.
- However, this layer of chromium oxide can be compromised by sand and dirt. If you live in a dry, dusty area, it’s recommended that you clean your fixtures regularly.
Fumagalli Shockproof Resin
- Very durable.
- Won’t absorb any moisture from the air and can withstand high temperatures without cracking.
- Rust and corrosion-free.
- UV stabilised so won’t fade from exposure to sunlight.
- Includes silicon rubber gasket to ensure high protection against external agents.
- Lifetime warranty.
|See these and more outdoor lighting fixtures from Eurolux and other specialist brands at Selective Lighting – 28 West Street, Newton Park, Port Elizabeth.|